This space used to contain my pretentious third-person bio; but since (as Arizona State once declared about a certain visiting president) my "body of work is yet to come," I'll stick to the basics: I'm a freelance illustrator & fine artist living and working in Washington. If you want to keep an eye on my art, I post regularly on Instagram and Facebook.
about my art
My art is a combination of digital and traditional media, and is defined by its darkness, whimsy, and emphasis on characters and storytelling. My illustration work has most recently found itself in books, magazines, advertising, and animation, but is at home anywhere there is a story to be told. My current personal project is an illustrated playing card deck called Wicked Kingdom.
why work with me?
My clients commend my professionalism and the quality of my work; I'm easy to work with, and hold deadlines sacrosanct. If you'd like to discuss a project, I can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INTERVIEWS & INFO
I get a lot of emails from students requesting lengthy interviews for college assignments. While I don't do student interviews anymore (sorry!) there are a number of interviews available online where I discuss career, process, and the ins and outs of illustration. I've compiled a list of available interview content below.
• CreativeTrek #38: Wylie Beckert - Success Doesn't Happen Overnight
(Audio interview, 2015 - caution: autoplay!)
• One Fantastic Week Episode 79: Wylie Beckert (Video interview, 2015)
• One Fantastic Week Episode 59: Wylie Beckert (Video interview, 2014)
• EveryDayOriginal Featured Artist Interview: Wylie Beckert (Text interview, 2015)
• Women in Fantasy Illustration Interview: Wylie Beckert (Text interview, 2014)
• Illustrious Interview: Wylie Beckert (Text interview, 2013)